1808 The first lifeboat was stationed close to High Light on the south side of the River Blyth.
1810 The lifeboat was wrecked on a service on 31 March.
1826 The second lifeboat station was established by the Blyth Lifeboat Association.
1829 A Silver Medal was awarded to William Armstrong for rescuing nine people from the brigantine Perseverance on 10 December 1929.
1841 On 28 October the lifeboat capsized on a service to a brigantine and 10 crew drowned. Two other crew members, J Hodgson and Henry Kinch, were saved. Henry Kinch was awarded a Silver Medal for his efforts to save his comrades.
1852 A Silver Medal was awarded to Coastguard James Kearney White for rescuing four crew from the rigging of the stranded sloop William and Mary.
A Silver Medal was awarded to Coastguard James Kearney White for rescuing 14 crew from the wrecked barque Victoria.
1854 A second lifeboat station was established.
1866 The RNLI took over the lifeboat station.
1898 A new boathouse was built in the South Docks.
A Silver Medal was awarded to Coxswain TW Tinning after the lifeboat capsized going to the assistance of the sloop Fremad. Coxswain Tinning swam to Second Coxswain Mark Fairhurst and got him to the shore but he could not be revived.
1899 The second lifeboat station was renamed Cambois.
1913 A Silver Medal was awarded to Coxswain Anthony Nixon for rescuing two crew from the stranded steamship Dunelm. Coxswain A Nixon was also awarded the King’s Bronze Medals for gallantry in saving life at sea.
1916 A Silver Medal was awarded to Coxswain John Bushell for rescuing three crew from the trawler Naval Prince on 10 December 1915.
Coxswain John Bushell was awarded the Thanks of the Institution Inscribed on Vellum for rescuing eight crew from the wreck of the barque Auder. The King of Norway presented a Silver Cup to the Coxswain and Silver Medals to each of the crew for this service.
1920 A new boathouse and slipway were built near to the Pilot Watch House.
1921 The station’s first motor lifeboat arrived.
1927 The second lifeboat station closed.
1928 A Centenary Vellum was awarded to the station.
1939 A Bronze Medal was awarded to Coxswain J Wheatley for rescuing three men from the steamer Skarv.
1959 The Thanks of the Institution Inscribed on Vellum was awarded to Coxswain Thomas Fawcus for rescuing four crew from the steamship Holderness aground on Seaton Rocks.
1963 A Silver Medal was awarded to Coxswain Thomas Fawcus, Bronze Medal to Bowman John Kerr and Thanks of the Institution Inscribed on Vellum were awarded to the other (how many – or was this a collective Vellum?) members of the crew for rescuing two crew from the vessel Paullgate on 18 November 1962. Bowman Kerr scrambled on board and secured a line from the lifeboat, which kept the casualty clear of the shore. The Maud Smith award for the bravest act of lifesaving in 1962 was made to Bowman John Kerr for this rescue.
1965 An inshore lifeboat (ILB) station was established with a D class lifeboat.
1976 A 150th Anniversary Vellum was awarded to the station.
The Thanks of the Institution Inscribed on Vellum was awarded to Helmsman David Tilmouth for assisting the Newbiggin lifeboat in saving four people from a capsized cabin cruiser.
1979 A new ILB boathouse was built.
1982 The all weather lifeboat was placed on moorings in the River Blyth.
1983 A Bronze Medal was awarded to Coxswain Charles Hatcher for rescuing three crew from the sinking fishing vessel Castle Cove on 7 December 1982.
1992 The slipway was altered to improve the launching and recovery of the D class lifeboat.
1994 The Thanks of the Institution Inscribed on Vellum was awarded to Coxswain Keith Barnard when the lifeboat rescued eight crew from the yacht Eau de Vie on 26 September 1993.
A new D class lifeboat was placed on service.
1995 The main boathouse and D class boathouse were altered to provide improved crew facilities and a mechanic’s workshop.
The Waveney class lifeboat was withdrawn and replaced by a Trent class lifeboat.
2003 A new D class lifeboat, D-606 Jennie B, was placed on service on 25 November. This lifeboat was funded by a generous gift from Mrs N Wilson.
2004 Following a Coast Review a decision was made by the Trustee Committee to withdraw the Trent class all weather lifeboat from the station. The Trent class left the station on 17 July. The station continues to operate the D class inshore lifeboat.
2007 A new boathouse adaptation was completed and a new davit installed.
At Blyth lifeboat station the following awards have been made:
Thanks of the Institution Inscribed on Vellum 4 (plus ? for 1963 rescue)
Bronze Medal 3
Silver Medal 8